Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crash and Burn!

So I unplugged my computer because we were having a thunder storm in the area and the last thing I need is fried computer syndrome with having to write a review that was due 2 weeks ago (although my boss casually forgot to mention that), pay taxes for 3G, build an invoice for a wedding that 3G did 2 weeks ago (I see a trend here), and having to do research for vacation which happens in 2 days. Next day, after the thunder storm, I go down stairs to the office and plug in the surge protector and immediately there is a flash out the back of my tower. I'm sure you can see where this is going.
Push the power button and I get nothin'. Absolute zero juice. I do what any logical person does. I swear like a MFin' Marine. I don't have time for this BS. I guess that it's the power supply and replace it. I get juice but now I have an alarm. I run the tower with the side panel off and notice that my Northbridge fan is not spinning so I replace that but I still get the alarm. I have one more thing that I can try but after that I'm out of ideas.
Anyway, I'm going on vaca in 2 days to the North Shore of Minnesota. Turns out that there is a ton of waterfalls there and there is a huge band of Lake Superior Agate that runs on the surface in that area. So the family is going camping, waterfall hunting, and rock collecting. Good thing Judo Boy got a rock tumbler for his birthday. I'll post pictures in about 2 weeks. See y'all then.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey brotha! It's good to hear from you and great to read what ya'll been up to. We miss you folks gobs and would love to hear about the waterfalls.